Sunday, July 10, 2005

Myers-Briggs

ok. I admit it. I've taken the Myers-Briggs many times in the past, but this latest round is the breaker. I am...an Introvert! An INTJ -- Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judgemental. How can this be??? I've thrived for 5 years in sales, and am doing well going on my 7th year in marketing! I present all the time and I enjoy it! People in my MBA class think I'm an airhog!

The prevailing image in my mind is of the classic comedy sketch from the 80's, wherein the social misfit stands in the background and metes out punishment to wrongdoers using nothing more than his thumb and forefinger. I'm crushing your head! I'm crushing your head!

Last week, however, I witnessed a great event. One of the higher-ups in the marketing org, a real limelight kinda guy, opened up his preso by admitting that he is an Introvert! Hallelujia Brother! I almost broke out in spontaneous dance and gospel, so that other closet Introverts in the meeting room could also sieze the day! I would surely have done so if I had not been in the back of the room, avoiding eye contact, hugging my knees and rocking back and forth...I'm an excellent driver. Fifteen minutes to Judge Wapner.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter