Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ignorance is Bliss

Fifteen Thousand People!! That's a heckuva lot of folk who paid good money to run in the 2005 Wharf to Wharf. AP and I ran; we finished a sobering and slow 49:42 and 50:08, respectively. Oh well, guess you can't cram exercise like you can for a meeting or a class.

Rewind to the start of the race. Whirrrr. Click. Play.

I'm trying to stretch, but there's not enough room. As I'm squirming around, I overhear a conversation between two women.

One points to a tattoo on the back of her neck.

"I really identified with the word, y'know: Spirit. It captures the essence of what I'm all about. I had the parlor inscribe the Chinese Kanji character. It focuses my energy."

Curious, I look as well. Japanese shares some of the same characters, so I was able to read it. I didn't have the heart to tell the woman what it said:

Sheep

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I heard some female asian tattoo artist on the radio the other day saying that she gets hit on all the time by her clients. She said if they are particularly annoying and are getting Kanji (or whatever ancient chinese secret symbols), she'll tattoo words like "small penis" or "I like little boys" instead of the desired "stud muffin" or "serenity now".

I applaud this initiative!

Wubert said...

Am I the only one who immediately thinks of Jerry Stiller whenever I see the phrase "Serenity Now"?

 

Free Blog Counter