Tuesday, May 24, 2005

New Fangled Technology

ok, here's another technology I can do without. Those voice-activated phone trees that promise superior service as compared to the traditional "Press 1 for tech support" trees.

"(canned female voice) Hello, welcome to our support hotline. Please tell me how I can help you."

"uh, I want to return a product."

"(canned female voice) I'm sorry, I did not get that. Can you repeat your request?"

"I received defective merchandise and I want to return it."

"(canned female voice) I'm sorry, I did not get that. Can you repeat your request?"

"Return. Product. Now."

"(canned female voice) I'm sorry, I did not get that. Can you repeat your request?"

"arghhh! ^&%$ phone tree!! Forget it!!!!"

"(canned female voice) I have. Thank you for calling."

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter