Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Preparing for the Future

At the 3 hour mark on the Kid-Crack that is the Nintendo DS, my son asked me a question. As someone who attended roughly 17 more years of education than he, I was pretty confident that I could answer his undoubtedly minor little query.

"Dad. How can I get the Green Man to move from the Rock Mountain Entrance so he can give me the Watch?"

"Go ask your mother" was my first reaction, but then I stopped. Hold on, I said, then quickly Googled Green Man and Rocky Mountain Entrance. A ha! There it was.

"Son, if you had paid attention in class, the answer should be inherently obvious. You need the Three Coupons from the clowns in town; give those to the Man in the Suit. The Suit Man will give you an Apple, which will make the Green Man move."

"ohhhhhhhh! I KNEW that!" my son says, slapping his forehead in realization.

I dunno who designs these games, but one has to be impressed at how closely this logic resembles reality.

Go fetch this PowerPoint slide and give to the Man in the Office so he'll give you the Numbers needed to Attend the Offsite.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter