Wednesday, November 02, 2005

uhhhhhhhhh

One of the sacred duties of parenthood dictate that the parent or guardian must Sort through their child's Halloween loot. This Sort consists of me rifling through my kids' treat bags and appropriating the pieces that I enjoy (KitKats, Resses'Peanut Butter cups, Snickers, Peanut M&Ms). I do this by the powers and authority vested in me in the Name of the Dentist. My kids are still young, 5 and 3, so they buy this story and are thoroughly convinced that I saved them from the Bad Candy. Lest people think I am a heartless monster, I left them the Good Candy (aka stuff I don't like) like candy corn, swizzle sticks, sweetarts, smartees, etc.

Perhaps the kiddies are smarter than I am. After two days of gorging on chocolate, I...feel...unwell.


2 comments:

Marika said...

That sounds like perfectly fair approach - after all, you were the one who sat through all the late night feeds, nappy changes etc etc. Dammit, you taught them to TALK. They owe you a lot more than an occasional snack if you ask me! Besides, they'll wise up to you eventually and wreck their revenge on your car.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 

Free Blog Counter