Tuesday, March 10, 2009

ads!

I know all the online ads and such are a big money maker, and I'm cool with Facebook, Google, et al to slap contextual ads in my online haunts. Thing is, I'm a bit disturbed at the ads I receive these days; esp on my Facebook page.

"Get RIPPED now!"

"Whiter teeth in 10 days!!"

"Online degrees from Kazfanistan. Ask about our Buy-One-Get-One medical degree program!"

I dunno why these ads are being served up to me, but I DO know that it's hurting my confidence. I think these search engines, in their blinky little electronic brains, have painted a picture of a severely paunchy, rotted tooth troll who is looking to make a major career shift from vegetable to human. Oh well. Nothing like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup to make those worries go away.

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter